Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mostly uneventful

Last night was mostly uneventful.  The initial get home and get in the house was a tad chaotic but other than that it went very smooth.

My daughter and I decided to go for a 30 minute walk after dinner, after I bathed my son and got him to bed...dad was with him, don't worry I didn't leave him alone!, and chat.  She is extremely chatty at this age.  It is cute, for the most part...you know, except when I'm trying to get the baby to sleep and she wants to yell down the hallway about more books and whatever else is on her mind.  She was talking about Halloween and the decorations that are up in the neighborhood, the buzz of the cars along the freeway, the wind in the trees, her best friend at school, talking to Santa and going trick or treating.  Towards the end of the walk she got very quiet.  I asked her if she was OK, nervous or scared - it was dark.  She replied with, "Nope.  I'm happy." It was an 'Ah-Ha' moment for this tired stressed out mom.  Those few minutes just listening to her and talking when she let me, lol, were important to her.  Not that we don't have those moments at home. This just seemed special for her.  I love that.  I loved that moment and I want to hold on to it forever.  It filled me with love and warmth. 

I need more moments like that. 

Then I wake up and realize I've got to go to work, you know, to pay those pesky little (or large) things we call bills. 

This morning while trying to dress the kids my son was extra lovey and my daughter cried and whined.  It was super fun but for the second day in a row this week I remembered their school bags.  So, score one for this over-worked mama! 

No comments:

Post a Comment