Monday, November 4, 2013

Catch up!

Halloween turned out amazing.  The weather took a turn for the best.  It was clear and slightly chilly.  The kids had a blast.  My son, almost 2, couldn't get the words "Trick or Treat" out...he said "Deet Dee" instead.  Close and so cute!  My daughter was sure to say "Happy Halloween" and "Thank you" to everyone.  Those kids make Halloween so much fun. 

Friday, November 1st.  I cannot believe it is already November.  This year has absolutely flown by.  Work was work.  No shock there.  Friday night the husband went out.  Lets just say he came home in the wee hours of Saturday morning and mama was none to happy about the state he arrived in.  I now label this night "Vodka Gate".  There was a half (GIANT) empty bottle of Grey Goose on our bathroom counter Saturday morning.  Magically later that day the bottle is gone.  I wonder where it could be?  Hmmmm. 

Saturday, because I was left disgruntled, the kids and I went for a walk.  It was perfect outside.  The morning air was crisp and clean.  We walked around the lake (man made, across the street from where we live) and saw the ducks.  My son immediately starts to 'quack' because he can't say duck.  My daughter was trying to count them but they kept running around.  It was so cute.  That was enough to perk up the mood for sure!  We came home grabbed a snack and a drink, the husband still in bed...ugh, and headed off to a Firehouse/Police Station open house.  The kids LOVED it.  There were fire trucks, a rescue boat, SWAT van, Bomb Squad, police horse, motorcycle, helicopter and a sprinkler station!  The sprinkler station was neat.  They showed how having your home set up with sprinklers, much like those in an office building, could assist if your house catches fire.  They set some drapes on fire and then the sprinklers go off.  It was GREAT.  Now, if only I was building a new home....to have it done to an existing home is off the charts expensive.  Who has that kind of cash laying around. As it is we need a new fence...dang it...disgruntled-ness setting in again...and we all know that's not cheap!  
After all that excitement we were off to lunch and then to my parents for a quick visit.  We had a lot of fun.  We went out for Chinese food afterwards...with the husband...and the kids did really well!  I was surprised because neither had really had a nap.  The husband was a bit grumpy because our daughter wouldn't sit still.  You know, she's almost four and I think she did GREAT. I wish he would have more patience with them.  It's kind of annoying. 

Sunday was great. My day to sleep in.  The husband took the kids to get donuts and they played a bit.  When I got up, however, he was a grump.  He makes such a huge task out of spending a couple of hours with the kids by himself. It makes me crazy.  Example - after I did a 5K a few weeks ago I came home so happy and pumped up.  He has to say "UGH it was horrible, all I did was hear crying and fussing the whole time you were gone!" REALLY!!!!!!! FRICKIN' REALLY!!>?!!>>!>!>>! 
You can't spend a few hours with your kids? It's so horrible ... they harass you that much?  I get so angry just typing it. So of course my mood was ruined that day an on Sunday.  I set off to chasing kids, cleaning house and doing laundry.  Heaven forbid he had to do all that at once.  The world would have to shut down.

GRRR...getting too worked up typing this.

Have a great day.  I know I will once I get to squeeze those sweet kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment